From Sunday 14 April, Myponga Reservoir Reserve will be yours to enjoy, explore and preserve. Join us for a range of activities.
Sunday 14 April
- 9:20am - run the loop track with Trail Runners SA and South Australian Olympic marathon runner Jessica Trengove
Visit Trail Running SA's website or find Trail Running SA on Facebook to register to take part.
- 10am-3pm - Nature Play SA activities for children
Nature Play SA will help harness kids’ curiosity and creativity with activities in the natural environment including a geocaching course, kite flying, and nature walks. Visit the Nature Play SA website or find them on Facebook for activity times and registrations.
- 1-3pm - Trees for Life sessions on identifying native habitats and species, and propagation, as well as guided walks with tips for bird watching and hiking
Trees For Life will keep green thumbs busy with hands-on plant identification and propagation sessions, looking at the region’s native species such as Blackwood (Acacia melanoxylon)
Other activities in Myponga
- 9.30am - 4pm - Myponga Market
- 10am-3pm - Native animal experience
- 11am-1pm - classic cars at the Smiling Samoyed Brewery
- 1-4pm - live music at the Smiling Samoyed
In the first stage of opening at Myponga, you will be able to walk, run and cycle around bushland tracks with water views, enjoy picnics, and visit lookouts and viewing platforms to see and photograph wildlife and scenic vistas.
Visit the Myponga Reservoir Reserve page to learn more about the facilities available, opening times and access locations. And remember, you’re welcome to BYO picnic basket, blanket and chairs so you can relax and enjoy the view.