Visiting the many reservoir reserves across our state is a great way to experience the outdoors not too far from the city. Reservoir reserves in various locations offer a range of activities, from kayaking and fishing to birdwatching, bushwalking and picnics in beautiful bushland and forest settings. Each reservoir is unique in its own way, but all share one common thing: stunning water views in a tranquil setting.
When planning a visit, here are our top five tips:
- plan your activities before you start exploring
- bring your own water bottle, some reservoirs have water fountains for easy refill
- take only your memories and photos (and your rubbish)
- look up the nearest bakery, café or pub to refuel
- check the relevant reservoir page to make sure it’s open (all reservoir reserves are closed on Total Fire Ban days)