Be among the first to paddle out on the water from 10am this Sunday.
Join us to celebrate the beginning of on-water access at Myponga Reservoir Reserve.
You’re invited to a free community event:
- Sunday 28 March 2021
- Myponga Reservoir Reserve, entry via Eatts Street
How you can get involved:
- Pick a spot near the shoreline and watch around 20 of the state’s finest flatwater paddlers battle it out in a fast-paced five-kilometre race to mark the launch of water-based activities on the reservoir.
- Following the race, seasoned canoers and kayakers are encouraged to BYO and be one of the first to push out at the new launch area from 10am and explore the reservoir’s stunning 250 hectares of water and surrounding landscape. Parking for trailers is available in the new car park area, accessed from Eatts Street.
- Come and try your hand at kayaking with a free lesson and guided tour of the reservoir with Paddle SA. There are 100 spaces on tours scheduled between 10am and 5pm, with bookings available through the Paddle SA website.
- Immerse yourself in nature and plan an adventure with your family and friends along the six-kilometre trail network, after joining in the event celebration. Food and beverages will be available within the event area from 9am-12pm, located next to the reservoir reserve’s new car park.
- Take a walk around the Myponga township and support the thriving local businesses.
Myponga Reservoir Reserve will be open – including for paddling and fishing – until the normal daily closing time at 8pm.