Be part of the excitement on Saturday 7 December as we open South Para Reservoir Reserve and bring fishing to Myponga Reservoir Reserve
South Para Reservoir Reserve opening event
Join the adventure as we open South Para Reservoir Reserve:
- Saturday 7 December 2019
- 9am - early afternoon
- 176 South Para Road, Williamstown
Following the official opening at 9am, a range of free activities will be available from 10.30am:
- trail running event with Trail Running SA
- family friendly activities with Nature Play SA, including kite flying, recycled materials play and children's nature art and crafts
- rock climbing wall
- kayak and mountain bike tours with Wilderness Escape - all tours are now fully booked
- walking tours
- local musicians
- food and drink available for purchase
- community displays and information.
Perfect for adventure lovers, South Para Reservoir Reserve offers a range of experiences including kayaking/canoeing and fishing. Walk, run or cycle through a network of trails covering nearly 10 km, explore the winding shoreline and enjoy picnics with stunning scenic vistas.
Fishing comes to Myponga Reservoir Reserve
From Saturday 7 December, shore-based fishing comes to Myponga Reservoir Reserve on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Since opening in April 2019, more than 11,000 people have visited Myponga to walk, ride and picnic with water views.
As part of our opening celebrations, fishing at South Para Myponga Reservoir Reserves is free on Saturday 7 December, from Sunday 8 December 2019, you will need a fishing permit. For more details about activities on offer at each site, see the South Para and Myponga pages.